Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My November Goal list

 Because the holidays are right around the corner, I'm sharing my goal/to do list for the month of November with you. Not because I think you'll care and sure as hell not because I care if you know about it but,
it is the only way that I will feel obligated to fulfill these goals or at least feel accountable (since storing them in my iphone doesn't mean jack). Lately the list just keeps getting longer, my car is turning in to a dump truck and my liver wants to punch me in the face.

First and foremost, I have been exhausted. lately. It doesn't matter if I get 10 hours of sleep or 14. I wake up tired. On work nights, I want to be in bed by 10:45, the latest. Since work nights only happen three days a week, this should be a very attainable goal.

NUMBER 2. I'm trading coffee in for hot lemon water. I've read some great benefits to this including making your digestive system regular. Who doesn't need a little regularity? This does not mean that I wont be drinking coffee at all. Some mornings I just can't deal. 
 

I will also be adding a green smoothie to my diet. Every morning I blend 1 apple, 2 celery stalks, 1 head of romaine lettuce, 3 cups of spinach, 1 banana, 1 1/2 cups of water and 2 tbs of lemon juice. I've done this in the past and it's a great way to get in fruits and veggies. BONUS, it makes your skin look great and also helps with "the getting regular" goal.

Clean my car. For some reason, I think that it's okay to live out of my vehicle. I've learned that whether I drive a Caddy or a Kia, I still pack the crap in it. There is always a few changes of clothes, lottery tickets (losers), bills, empty water bottles, gym bag, chapsticks, shoes, bobbypins and trash in my vee-heh-cul.
It's not like I even have an on the road job for Christ sake (capital C for you Christ lovers). Which brings me to my next goal.

Make some time for Big J. 
Jesus.
  Yeah, I say my nightly prayers but my butt should be heading to church a few times this holiday season. I feel thankful for some much this year and I'm going to tell him about it.

MY POOR ENDS. I swear this morning I heard the ends of my hair screaming as I was stretching it out   with the round brush. I need a hair appointment and I WILL do this before the end of November. 

The last two goals of mine are a figment of my imagination. 

Lay of the sauce
 
 and
 
Stay out of the stores
This will only stop upon Apocalypse. So that still gives me 8 weeks to get fooshnickered and wear sassy shoes while doing it. It also gives me 8 weeks to get high and tight with JC too.
 Hallelujah.
 Amen.



11 comments:

  1. I love green smoothies! My fav is banana, greek yogurt, spinach, almond milk, chai seeds, and peanut butter. Yum! I hope you stick to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are good goals. I need to see about getting into bed sooner at night. I've been dragging myself from place to place for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome goals! I love green smoothies, too! It's amazing what they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's no way in hell I'm letting you give off up the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Jen! Wine is not sauce it is the liquid from the gods....or some shit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to start my morning with hot lemon water too! I have to clean out my truck every other day because my daughter thinks that she lives in it. lol Snacks, toys, shoes, clothes!

    Definitely good goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, first things first, this post is hysterical. Second, that e-card is hysterical. Third, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy car... I try and try but it always turns into a dump. Fourth, that sounds like a huge ass smoothie... you drink that whole thing every day? I can't get down with smoothies but I'd really like to try. Also? The skin benefits might convince me because lately I feel like a 17 year boy with these breakouts. Fifth, my hair is SO bad, I need to get it done this month too. Sixth, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great goals - I've got a pal who swears by the lemon water thing - been doing it for over a year and she's a freaking poster child. I have "plans" to lay off the sauce myself, but also believe I'm crazy... it's port season and all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Hot Lemon Water & Green Smoothies!!! When I was drinking both regularly I felt SO good!!! I need to get back on the wellness train. You would think when I just had my gallbladder out I'd be healthier than ever! But I've gotten so laaaaaaaazy!!! I miss my green drinks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does it have to be "hot" lemon water? Will "cold" lemon water work??
    Also, do you really use an entire head of romaine lettuce every time you make a smoothie? Just curious...I kind of want to try this. :) Love all of your goals! They are all do-able!!
    You can do it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of making hot lemon water a regular part of your diet. I think I will try this too- plus I think the hot lemon feels so good on my throat- especially in the dry winter months! Just found your blog and have enjoyed getting to know you more. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave a sweet comment. They make my day :)

Pin It button on image hover